As the end of the year is fast approaching, and many students will be graduating, now might be a time to consider the job market for marketing graduates! Luckily, the growth for marketing-related jobs continues to be promising, especially in the areas of data analysis, […]
Yes, the avocado is a symbol of millennial excess but the all too cliche predisposition coining them as self-centered and glorified does not exempt them from demanding brands to care. The millennial’s raison d’etre is far more than to be entitled graduates. Cynical baby boomers […]
The internet is saturated with ads and if you’re just starting out, getting your brand out there can be a little daunting. So, in a sea full of brands, how do you stand out? Leverage the power of emotional marketing. Skip the trial and error […]
We didn’t choose the digital life. The digital life chose us. For as long as we can remember, we’ve been surrounded by the all things digital. In the past couple of decades, marketing folks have been trying to enter this space. First, it was through […]
With the 2019 intern/grad intake season well under way, large companies have received thousands of applications for what often is a very little amount of roles available. Yet the competition between these firms for the best students is as fierce as ever, with many strong […]
We’ve heard too much about it. From professors at uni or colleagues at work – What’s all the fuss about LinkedIn anyway? The fact of the matter is, like everything else in the world, the process of how people are being hired is changing. Now […]
SAMM is eagerly awaiting the upcoming networking highlight event for Semester 1, the Annual Networking Night (ANN) to be held on Wednesday, March 28 at Rydges on Exhibition at 6.30pm! There will be opportunities to mingle with representatives from large companies such as L’Oréal and […]
Many neuroscientists around the world have concluded that only 5% of all cognitive activities are conscious decisions, leaving 95% to the sub-conscious mind. You may think that this is a startling amount, as you are in full control of your body and fingers, scrolling down […]
Being a leader is less about having a managerial position and more about how you behave and interact with others. Whether you’re a student, staff member, team leader or CEO, you have the power to influence those around you, to direct their efforts and facilitate […]
Consumers are exposed to as many as 5,000 marketing messages per day. So it’s no wonder our senses have become accustomed to the blur of brightly coloured advertisements plastered on city surfaces and our screens. Each trying to shout louder than the other.
Last year saw a record number of people turn to digital streaming to get their musical fix, with 20 million subscribers signing up to Spotify by June 2015. Music streaming gives users access to sea of new music for the price of a CD, it’s no wonder […]
The American cities of Detroit, Cleveland and Akron are important cities in the history of the United States.
Molly recently took part in the Global Management Consulting (GMC) two-week intensive Melbourne Uni subject in Berlin, Germany as a group of 20 students over the Winter break. This subject involves working as a team of four for an assigned company and providing consulting advice […]
Starting up a business is difficult and there are a lot of factors to take into account such as feasibility, financial sustainability, skills and time availability.
THE EVOLUTION OF FITNESS: FROM CAVEMEN TO GYM RATS Fitness. For some, the word may conjure images of spandex-clad individuals sweating profusely whilst engaging in some peculiar movements (burpees, anyone?).
There has been ongoing debate and controversy on whether the invisible glass ceiling has been broken at the workplace. Are female leaders as capable as their male counterparts?
The practice of mentoring has been used to foster learning and personal development since the dawn of time. By offering support and guidance in developing skills and knowledge, mentors are sought out by individuals seeking to improve performance and maximise potential.
Abercrombie and Fitch, also known as A&F is an American fashion brand targeting youth with its casual prep and jock outfits. With more than 400 shops in America, it continues to expand globally. Over recent years A&F has stirred up controversy for not stocking XL and XXL […]
One chilly day in June 2013, a few moments after the cinema lights came back on and the credits to “The Internship” started running up the screen, I turned to my sister and said “Man, Google is awesome!”